Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

Seems like March was my month for blogging.  Haven't really had anything noteworthy to share lately.  Sometimes, my life feels like a whirlwind.  The week passes in a flash, busy plans for the weekend evaporate the time off and BAM it's back to work like clockwork.  Other times, it just feels like you do the same thing day in and day out. 
 
This weekend was a lot of fun!  Got to go for a nice solitary run on the ATT.  I really like that path.  Not crowded, pretty flat, shaded, soft underfoot.  It was serene.   It was a nice 3.6 out and back.  In case you're interested, here's my Garmin data :)
 
Played some disc golf at this hidden away course in Durham.  It was fun to actually play the course correctly and do every hole!  It helped to have someone that plays there regularly along to show us which way to go and which basket to aim for.  It was fun to hang out with my sister and her hubby as well and a great way to spend a pretty Saturday afternoon.
 
We also purchased a new flat screen HDTV this weekend! Oh man, 21st century where have you been?  Um wait, I guess, where have WE been?  Anyway, enjoying the new tv.  Not sold on the size...but we have 90 days to return it so if it doesn't grow on me it I think we'll take it back.
 
Got to go mountain biking, yesterday.  What fun, what fun.  I feel like I'm really getting the hang of it.  I only fell a couple of times and nothing major.  One time I fell because this strange man was walking on the trail...and even though technically bikers are supposed to yield to hikers it really is WAY easier for a hiker to take one tiny step off the trail to let us go by.  I mean, we move faster, we're clipped into our bikes, we'll be out of your way in no time, flat.  So we get up near him and I realize he's not moving out of the way so I come to a stop while trying to clip out and lose my balance.  Thankfully, the trail sloped up so my fall wasn't very far and it was kind of mossy so it didn't hurt.
 
Another time I almost fell was because this family was coming towards us on the trail.  I mean, I am all for families getting out and being active, I think it's great!  But, please kids, listen to your parents' instructions!  Don't pass when they tell you to stop.  Yeah, the kid came right for me.  I got my right foot unclipped in time but then fell  to the left.  Thankfully, this time I was able to swing my foot over the bike and sort of awkwardly hop my bike out of the way because, yeah, my left foot was still stuck to the pedal!
 
Overall, I enjoyed the ride and got a good workout.  We were out for a little over 2 hours and rode a total of 9.70 miles. 
 
It was a fun weekend and went by way too quickly.  I have really been enjoying the sunny, warm weather.  It just makes me happy.
 
I know I probably won’t get a response, but I’m curious what you did on your weekend!  Feel free to leave a comment.  I like them :). 

2 comments:

Kyla Marks said...

We did an ALS charity walk in RTP with the kids, it was really windy but fun. We took our crazy dog and he mostly behaved, lots of pulling to see other dogs...but he is a spaz. Other than that we worked around the house, visited with in laws who live in WF and enjoyed a relaxing weekend!

Kristin said...

You guys are good at staying active! I'll have to see the new tv! I just got a new computer screen at work and it is HUGE.