Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Fever

It’s that time of year when the days get longer, the sun shines brighter, and warmth finally makes its debut.  Now, you wouldn’t know that based on the forecast for the coming week and this weekend. 

Forecast

But in honor of spring we attended an NC State baseball game tonight.  It was fun!  I haven’t been to a baseball game in a couple years; at least I don’t remember having been to one in a while.  NC State was taking Clemson to task by the time we left at the top of the 9th inning.  We even got to see a 3 run homerun, niiiiice!  We attended the game with our friends the Apples (picture not taken) and the Hortons.  Thanks for a fun evening, y’all!

2011-03-25_20-14-10_67

2011-03-25_20-14-19_119

You can’t tell from this picture, but Kate is 1 week out (about) from her due date! 
We can’t wait to meet you m-dubs!

In other current events:
We went mountain biking with Snoke at Crabtree before the game.  I would consider this my inaugural ride using my new pedals.  Yes, yes I went riding at Harris Lake a week or so ago, but didn’t really do anything that may have resulted in a difficult (or not so difficult) climb.  And it’s not that Crabtree is very difficult, but I definitely fell about six times today.  I’m going to have some pretty good bruises.  But it was good practice getting in and out of my clips. 

I think Dave got some good laughs at me but I sure felt dumb falling so much.  But what can I expect, I’ve only been using these clips for a week!  I think the funniest fall happened as I was going along easily watching Dave attempt to go over some big rocks, when out of nowhere my handle bar caught on the tiniest tree beside the trail.  Next thing I know my handle bar is all cockeyed and I’m falling to the ground.  It happened pretty quick and I had no time to react, except to fall.  But I guess that’s not really a reaction, more of an ohcrapicantdoanythingaboutthis consequence result.  I guess the one thing I can be thankful for is that every time I fell my feet popped out so I wasn’t left stuck on the ground with the bike on top of me.  Now, why can’t they unclip before I hit the ground? Hmm…. Good times, good times.

Juliana, I’m ready for you to get here, but I can see I have a lot more practicing up to do!  Hehe.

No comments: