Thursday, March 24, 2011

Creativity

Not a quality I claim to possess.  But, every now and then I feel obligated to try to do something artistic.  Sometimes I feel like I’m surrounded by creative people in my life.  It’s a good thing.

Anyway, here is my attempt at creativity.  I went to paint your pot with two co-workers.  It was really relaxing to have the studio pretty much to ourselves.  I chose this vase to paint.  Maybe I’ll get some flowers from someone to put it in once it’s done…hint, hint.

2011-03-22_19-15-16_239

After the initial nervousness that comes every time I begin something I am not confident in, I decided to just dive in.  Here’s the finished product, pre-firing.  I hope the colors (yellows and oranges) turn out vividly.  I can go pick it up on Saturday.  If I remember, I’ll do a before and after comparison.

IMG_35452011-03-22_20-19-33_859

Catherine and Crystal working on their projects.  I really like seeing each person’s creativity come out in their work.

IMG_3550IMG_3553

Here is Crystal’s other piece she completed that night.  Adorable.

IMG_3551

Catherine’s completed paint your pot project from her previous visit.  Love the colors and the random pig. Nice.

IMG_3556

Thank you, ladies for an enjoyable evening! 

When I got home that night this is what was waiting for me on the banister.

2011-03-23_10-27-47_437

That’s right.  Be jealous!  Brian occupied his evening alone with making me a new purse.  Love it.  I love the color, the design, the functionality, the size.  It’s great.  Maybe, if you ask nicely, he’ll make something similar for you or that special gal in your life :).  I haven’t asked him about this yet, so I can’t guarantee he actually will.  But he’s a pretty nice guy…and he loves to design things.  I bet for the right amount of dough he’d do it, though.

Thanks, B for your creativiTY.  (I like that it rhymes.)

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks Debbie for the shout out!! I really like the vase :) Now we just have to figure out where to put it.