Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Trip

Sometimes random trips to the beach for a day are just what the doctor ordered. 

July 4th weekend (yet again…it sure was busy!) loomed with multiple house projects and events scheduled.  I was feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff we had planned and was worried I would be worked to the bone all weekend with little rest, relaxation or fun to enjoy.  Brian graciously indulged my frantic need to get away and we took off Saturday morning for Carolina Beach.

IMG_4008 IMG_4014

A little en-route entertainment.  Crosswords and Chronicles!

IMG_4010IMG_4011

Ahhh, sitting in a chair, reading a book, burying my toes in the sand, soaking in the sun, listening to the waves crash over and over onto the shore.  Shhh, if you listen closely you just might be able to hear it.  I needed it.

IMG_4015IMG_4019

What I didn’t need was the sunburn.  I tried, really I did, to avoid over exposure.  But that last trip into the water must have done me in.  I didn’t reapply afterward and my skin screamed at me for it later.  But the call of the water was just too strong.  The waves were great and we had some fun riding them in.

IMG_4024IMG_4026

Anyway.  One of the many reasons I love living in Raleigh.  Two hours to the beach, three hours to the mountains.  Just doesn’t get much better than that!

No comments: