Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Good Reminder

During recent blog browsing I came across this quote and really enjoyed it:

"There is nothing - no circumstance, no trouble, no testing - that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is - that is the rest of victory!" ~Alan Redpath

See the whole post here.

Here's a little wiki info on the author. I had not heard of Dr. Redpath. "Alan Redpath was born in the United Kingdom in 1907. He trained as an accountant, but soon felt the call to preach, and became an evangelist . Dr. Redpath is best known as the former Pastor of the Moody Church in Chicago, serving from 1953 to 1962."(source)

I hope that this quote is as encouraging to you as it was to me!

Peace,

2 comments:

Tricia F said...

I love your signature!!!
Thanks for sharing this quote too.
AND we need to plan our get-together soon... for real.

Jen said...

Debbie- I'm loving that y'all are updating the blog! This is random, but Aaron gave his groomsmen a book by Alan Redpath for being in his wedding...so somewhere you've got his writings on bookcase in your home! :)

The house looks great...love all the paint colors! Keep the pictures coming!